Sunday, June 26, 2011

SBO Results

After 2 days of playing in the rain, the clouds were blown away by the blustery, swirling winds of Fort McMurray. The winds blew through the narrow tree lined holes as as if being pushed into corridors of a building and then swirling in all directions. It was common today for me to select a shot with the wind blowing in one direction and by the time I was ready to play, the wind had shifted completely. After bogeying three of the first four holes, I regrouped to shoot even par for the day. My 72 hole total of -1 left me tied for 34th position, an improvement of 12 spots from last week. While I need to play par 5s better (usually my bread and butter) and find a way to make a few more putts on the weekend, this is definitely a step in the right direction. The course was one of the narrower and most penal venues the Canadian Tour has stopped at since I gained my tour card (I only hit driver 8 times in 72 holes all week if that is any indication). Thus, my advantage of being a long driver of the ball was removed. Despite this, I still managed to give myself a plethora of very viable birdie chances this week. This means my iron play is improving and my decision making is certainly getting better. All great signs. I take 3 weeks of competitive improvement into this coming week’s event in Calgary. I’ll take tomorrow off and rest my knee in Edmonton and be back in action Tuesday at Bearspaw Country Club. Another great week ahead!

No comments: