Thursday, June 3, 2010

Round 1 TCO



I continue to struggle with my putting and suffered three disastrous three-putts on the front nine. I hit four putts that lipped out or burned the edge of the hole on the back nine, but none dropped. The poor putting performance led me to post 74 in the opening round. I drove the ball decently overall, and my chipping and sand play shinned. I will build off those positive attributes for tomorrow's round. A golf cliche says that if the putts don't go in today, they'll all go in tomorrow: this is a brilliant marketing phrase surely created by some golf promoter, but I believe this will hold true for me. I am down, but not out. While it's been months since I've posted a competitive score in the 60s, I've compiled quite a few scores of this caliber over the course of my career and know how to make it happen. I will be well outside the cut when day 1 ends, but a man with nothing to lose and everything to gain is a dangerous competitor. Tomorrow, I will play on a mission to get inside the cut line and have a successful week.

1 comment:

Sandman said...

Play hard tomorrow buddy. Work your way back into it