Thursday, July 31, 2008

What's Going On

I've played four tournaments since coming home. 2 Golfer's Warehouse Tour events, the NH and Greater Bangor Open. I've finished 6th, 9th, 14th and 8th respectively. I've been somewhat disappointed with my results although I've played the majority of my rounds between 68 and 71. For the first time I can remember, I went two consecutive competitive rounds where I did not make a score over par. I believe that new found consistency is due to smarter choices in the heat of battle as a result of playing Korean style golf. On the courses in Korea, if you cannot play holes as chess matches, setting yourself up for you next shot, you cannot score successfully. I've continued to use that strategy on courses around New England and although all the facets of my game have yet to align, I've managed to remain competitive.

After only playing in 2 of the 3 events on the Golfer's Warehouse Tour, I find myself in a position to compete for top spot on the money list in their final 2 tournaments. The top 2 positions are given a Q-School bonus covering the entry fee expense ($4500-5k). I leave for Colorado tomorrow for a training camp with my sports psychologist, then come home for the first of those 2 final events. When all goes according to plan, I will go back to Korea August 20 for two more Korean Tour events before returning to qualifying for the PGA Tour and achieving my lifelong dream.

No comments: