Friday, August 29, 2008

Johnnie Walker Open Rd 2

I finished with a -1, 71 today for a +3 two day total. When the final putts are holed today, my score will leave me just outside the cut line and a weekend bid. I'm obviously disappointed with the results, but see some light at the end of the tunnel. I positioned myself well off the tee for the vast majority of these two rounds. From that point to the hole, I did not hit the ball close enough to have many birdie opportunities. When I did play an approach shot into a potential birdie distance, it added pressure on that shot to be successful because there were so few of them. So I will continue to practice over the coming days for my last event of season before the start of PGA Tour Q-School. These tournaments are simulation training for that main event and my ultimate goal, so I will keep my reaction to these results lighthearted and move forward to the next series of preparations.

No comments: