Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Q-School

I've played two practice rounds at San Juan Oaks in Hollister, Ca. and spent the past two years preparing to qualify for the PGA Tour. This is the begining of the most grueling, demanding and pressure packed tournaments in golf and I couldn't be more excited.

The course this week will play about 7200 yards and is set in the rolling hills of the Silicon Valley. It requires precise iron play and deft touch around the greens. Off the tee it gives me an immediate advantage as it begs long drivers to unleash their drives in the generous fairways. The challenge comes between holes 14-18, where split fairways, multiple hazards and desert await.

I couldn't have asked for a higher quality of play during my practice rounds, nor could I have asked for a more beautiful region of the country to make my life long dream a reality. This should be a very special week.

Round 1 begins at 9:18 tomorrow morning...

No comments: