Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Round 1

Round 1 can be summarized by solid ball striking and opportunity creation. I was not able to capitalize on many of those eagle and birdie bids, but it is comforting to know that when my putter gets hot this week, my ball striking will be there to lend my scorecard support.

I shot -1, 71 on an ideal day with little wind and soft greens. These perfect scoring conditions left me tied for 47th, although position after round 1 in this 4 round tournament is not overly important.

There is no 2 round cut and 23 players and ties, will advance to the next stage of qualifying.

I play at 10:24 tomorrow and plan on hearing the perfect music of the ball falling into the hole frequently.

1 comment:

B.Konrad said...

Mark sounds like solid round one performance. Keep nailing those drives and setting up those birdie opportunities. Your putter will not let you down.

I don't know what the competition is like, but -1 71 sounds pretty good and a nice position to be in to move up. Good luck in round 2, I know you will be teeing off in a couple of hours.

Billy Baroo