Thursday, December 6, 2007

Round 2

After a blustery afternoon on the oceanside links of Borneo GC, I posted a round 2 score of -1, 71. My two round total is -4, 140. The field is now cut in half and the final two rounds are approaching. I think I am somewhere around 10th place. I am trying to play in the moment this week and not get overly concerned with scores, both mine and my competitors, so I havent really checked my position.

My putter has been letting me down since the begining of the tourney but after some minor tweaks on the practice green this evening, I am confident that dynamic will change tomorrow.

I birdied the 16th by sticking an 8 iron to 3 feet and followed it up by narrowly missing a 20 foot eagle opportunity on 17 and taping in for birdie. The finishing hole had me in the short side bunker (a trecherous place) with a steep lip and the pin seemingly resting ontop of it. I hit the perfect sand shot that lipped out of the low side of the hole and came to rest a foot past the cup. Lots of good vibes heading into tomorrow's 3rd round. Stay tuned, great things to come.

No comments: