Monday, January 19, 2009

1st Competition of the New Year

I played on the Minor League Tour today, a South Florida mini-tour stopped at Ocean Breeze GC in Boca Raton. The wind was very strong, but failed to blow my score over par. I rolled a 15 footer in on the final hole for a -2, 70. That score left me tied with New England great, Kirk Hanefeld in 7th place and with a $275 check. Nationwide Tour player Steve Lebrun won the event with -5, 67.

My game has been steadily improving in the new year. I am creating a "go-to" short iron shot for the coming season and this mini-tour provides a simulation ground to test myself. I am back in full-time training mode and working towards a highly successful season on the Canadian Tour, which begins in March.

My next test will come Wednesday at Abacoa CC in West Palm Beach. Talk to you then... Great to be back on the quest!

2 comments:

B.Konrad said...

j

B.Konrad said...

Hi Mark,
forget about the "J" this comment thing was giving me trouble. Good to hear you are back on the course. Heard you had a good holiday from my parents, and that you flew home on the same plane. They said that were in the tampa area, but now you seem to be heading where ever the mini tour takes you. Great job with the -2 70. Now just do that or better for the rest of your life. (lol) I know easier said then done. Let me know if any of the tournements take a turn to the west coast. Good Luck Mark.

Bill