Sunday, January 6, 2008

Schedule

I apologize for not writing over the holidays. I hope Santa brought everything you wished for. I have been busy finding a place to prepare for the journey to come. After a week of searching, the best golf course and resort in Taiwan has extended playing and practicing privileges to me. They have an extremely challenging Robert Trent Jones design, set at a high altitude, outside of Taipei. The wind cuts across the course daily, making true belief and solid ball-striking, imperative. The course has two short game areas to practice at, 5 par-3, practice holes and a large driving range with many targets. It is a perfect place to hone game and a great location to attack the Asian and Korean Tours from.

I have conditional status on the Asian Tour, for which I will have the opportunity to play in between 1-5 events. The Korean Tour gives their exempt players 10 events to play in, with purses between $300-400k. The players at the top of the KT order of merit, are given exemptions into the two Asian Tour events played in Korea. Therefore, my spring and summer schedule should bolster between 11-17 events, with the smallest purse in any event being $300k.

There will be better fields than ever, more money and a world ranking at stake this coming year. Paying homage to Roy McCavoy, there will be crucial moments and I will be there to define them as defining moments. Whether in the fairway or not, "keep your face to the sun, so you never find the shadows." ~Chinese Proverb and Keegan Rice life motto.

No comments: