Friday, July 2, 2010

Staying for the Weekend

After opening with 72 at the ATB Financial Classic, I finished my second round today at 69. I'm at 141 (-1) for the event and will make the cut. On my first hole of the day, I hit my drive behind a tree and had to chip sideways back to the fairway. A rocket 3 wood from 260 left me 8 feet and I was on my way. On my second hole, the ball moved when I placed my putter behind it on the green and I had to take a penalty stroke...this was an unfortunate break and it could have destroyed my positive energy if I had let it.

The desicive hole of the day was the 6th (my 15th... we started on the backnine). I hit a driver and a nine iron to the 507 yard par 5 to within 2 feet. A tap in eagle left a little safety net between the cut and I.

Tomorrow I will try to pick up where I left off and play to make birdies. I'm 6 back of the lead going into the weekend and a low score tomorrow would have me contending for a win come Sunday. Keep checking back for the good news!

No comments: