Sunday, June 26, 2011

Hope Drenched

It was a long, wet 3rd round today. Rain soaked the course from start to finish with 2 weather delays in between. All time compiled, the final round took just over 8 hours. It was a mental grind. I played the first 8 holes very solid making it through them in -2, then came the weather horn. Two and a half hours later, I teed up on 9. We made it 2/3 of the way down the par 5 11th hole before the rain had caused the second round of green submersion. Nearly two hours of waiting out the 2nd delay and I was back in position at 2 under par and 70 yards from the pin in the middle of the soaked fairway. It was here where the wheels came off. A dead chunked 60 degree wedge led to a bad bogey and 7 more holes of miscues. I finished the day with a disappointing score of even par, 72. The day had lots of potential, but I wasn’t able to sustain an upbeat tempo through the 4 hours of delays. I go into tomorrow’s 4th round at -1 for the tournament and will look to play great to add some momentum to the start of the next event.

No comments: