Thursday, June 9, 2011

The Western Championship Round 1

Beyond the massive, snow covered peaks that rise above Vancouver sits a little valley town in the Canadian desert called Kamloops. Yes, I said Canadian desert. Riverside Golf Links plays host to the Canadian Tour's Western Championship. The course is a links style with deep fescue grass lining the fairways and swirling winds. During the opening round today, I smoothly swung my way up the leaderboard, carding a -4, 68. As it's only the second week back from my formerly debilitating left knee injury, it felt amazing to regain some comfort in competition today. I strode energetically up the fairways with about a million grams of endorphins flowing through my body. Tomorrow I will continue my assault on par and look forward to positioning myself for an epic weekend run!

No comments: