Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Golf Tournament Preparation




The day before the tournament is always crucial. After a long day of travel and two of hard practice, it's a chance to catch up on some rest and do some last minute checks. On the day prior to competition, it's important for me to spend more time visualizing my rounds, than I do on the practice range. I create my final strategy, see myself playing my best and then for about 1 hour, I putt, hit chips, pitches, wedges and a few tee shots. Then it's time to turn off the side of my brain devoted to mastering golf, believe I have prepared as best I could, and relax. The final component to that plan can be the most difficult.

At 8:45 in the morning, I will blast a cut 3-wood down the 1st fairway and my event will be underway. You can visit www.cantour.com for 9 hole score updates. Until the morning, I am going to forget I am a pro golfer, enjoy some tacos and hone my Spanish greetings.

No comments: